Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chalking also illegal in Wichita

Wichita KS, police think chalking is illegal - apparently they have also been killing people, but won't release the names of the officers who are doing the killing.  The citizens are calling for change!
From Occupy316.org:

Wichita Police: No Sidewalk Chalk Allowed



1 Vote

While protesting the shooting death of Karen Jackson by unknown officers of the Wichita Police Department, Occupy Wichita was restricted from using sidewalk chalk on the public sidewalk and concrete of the City Hall pavilion, outside the south-facing doors of the building. I was personally approached by a police supervisor, who informed me that using sidewalk chalk at the City Hall was against the law.
The officer took my information and politely warned me that if I continued to write on the pavement with the chalk, that I would be cited. I questioned the legality of the order, in a respectful manner. The officer, who is the supervisor of building security for the WPD, said that two employees in the city law department had ruled the sidewalk chalk illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment